VBS- Coming July 18-22!
Here are two VBS teams that you can participate in even if you aren’t able to be at the actual VBS location:
The promotion team will be the ‘hands and feet’ of our VBS outreach. Their job will be distributing promotional materials near the VBS sites. Most of this work will be done on the two Sunday afternoons prior to the start of VBS. Possible forms of promotion: door hangers, posters in nearby businesses, post cards, invitation balloons…. This team’s job is to get the word out!
We have set aside four Saturdays in May and June (5/14, 5/28, 6/4, 6/11) to gather people together to help get all the materials set up and organized for the VBS sites. You DON’T need to come every time! Come as often as you are able. This team will be preparing all the craft projects, making copies for the site binders, setting up snacks for the week, separating art supplies, putting together first aid kits etc. Basically getting everything organized and self-contained so that the VBS teams will be able to hit the ground running!
As you can see, between the site volunteers and these teams, there’s a place for every person in the church to be involved in making GoBig! a huge success!!! All hands on deck! If you aren’t sure where you best fit in, contact Angie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will definitely have an opinion ;)
Each VBS team is made up of at least 6 people. Here are the job descriptions for each position on the team:
Will be responsible for overseeing that VBS site. Site Leaders do not have to do everything! All of the materials will be prepared and packaged up ahead of time. Site Leaders will have 5-7 volunteers, each one assigned to a specific portion of the VBS program. You will meet with your team before VBS begins, make sure everyone has the materials they need, oversee your site and ensure that things are running smoothly, lead the daily Prayer and Prep and Debrief times and communicate directly with the VBS Director concerning any needs that may arise.
• Oversee registration and attendance each day at VBS.
• Ensure all of the kids’ liability release forms are filled out.
• Oversee the sign-in and sign-out process of each day.
• Oversee the Missions Project and how much money is raised.
• Teach the Bible lesson in Celebrate Large Group each day of GO BIG!
• Remind kids about daily themes and the Family Remember & Celebrate Event.
• Oversee the opening Connect Game and Game Time each day.
• Gather all supplies needed for each game.
• Explain all game rules and lead games.
Anticipate/Create Leader (Crafts and Projects)
• Oversee and prepare all elements for the beginning Anticipate section.
• Oversee and prepare all elements for the Create section.
• Provide instruction for the rest of the team on both the Anticipate and Create sections.
Music/Worship Leader (Optional)
• Lead children in worship songs through the use of instruments or music tracks.
Photographer for all locations
Please pray and consider volunteering for one of these positions at a VBS location near you!
On May 1st we will begin sign ups for positions at each site.
Check out our sign-up board in the lobby @ church!