Since we are told in Scripture to be doers of the Word and not hearers only - we are using the Walk it Out Wednesdays to help you apply God's word to your life - to help you grow in doing God's word. Keep reading below for some application questions.
On Sunday, we finished up our study in 1 Peter: Living as exiles. Ron gave us a quick overview of the time we've spent in this study and pulled out the main points for us to consider.
1. What is happening in your life right now that indicates you're an exile?
Many people mistakenly think that grace is an excuse for sin. Or a pass to not obey.
Definition of Grace:
"Grace is God’s undeserved favor and kindness poured out on us to produce a changed life."
2. How is this different from your understanding of grace?
3. What areas of obedience and change in your life- right now- require this kind of grace? hint: it's probably related to your "exile moment."
In the overview of 1Peter, what is one area God's putting his finger on- calling you to experience His TRUE GRACE: change?
1. We are elect exiles - chosen by God to become like Christ.
2. We have been born anew to a living hope
3. We are to stay sober-minded. Strength and endurance for today depend on hope for tomorrow.
4. We are to be holy: to be in an exclusive relationship with God as our one and only.
5. We are to be submitted to human authority. We have a freedom in Christ that is not threatened by submitting to human institutions.
6. We are to display God's kingdom in our marriages. No dormatting and no domineering - but partners for God's glory!
7. God provides pastors to help lead and care for churches.
8. Humble yourselves under God's mighty hand and cast all your anxieties upon him.
9. Greet one another and show each other the True Grace of God!