Listen to the Sermon HERE.
"...that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places. . .” Eph. 1:15-23
Vocabulary - to help you know!
Paul's prayer is that we know this power and he seeks to help us know this power by filling us up with vocabulary.
Paul pulls the thesaurus off the shelf to give us a fire hydrant flow of words in order to help us “know” this resurrection power.
Resurrection power is “immeasurable” – “hyperballon” surpassing, excelling, going beyond the mark – it is more than enough!
- Greatness – megathos – whatever it is describing, it is extreme in size, weight, or degree.
- Power – dunamas – it means having the capacity to act, having the power or the ability.
- Working– energeia – the energy – something inside that propels you forward.
- Might – enough power to conquer. – you overcome with might. You defeat enemies with might.
So resurrection power is a great, mighty, hyper-mega-powerful energy inside of you.
What is this power for?
1. To save us.
2. To change us.
3. To mature us in godliness.
Questions for Application:
Which areas in your life need "dunamas"? - the power or ability to act.
Which areas in your life need "might"? - enough power to conquer, or overcome or enemies to defeat?
How does it affect your life to know that the same power that raised Christ from the dead also helps you and gives you power?