Church to Reopen: June 7th
SGC Family and Friends,
We wanted to inform you about our plans to gather again in person on a Sunday morning. We very much miss being together for worship, but the challenges of how to love one another as we face an infectious disease has made these decisions complicated. Services will need to be conducted differently. We are grateful for others more knowledgeable and we appreciate all the helpful advice and guidelines made available to us. We do not presume to be experts in this area; so with a variety of opinions about what is wise and best, our main desire is to “maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace…” (Eph. 4:3) as we navigate this season where there are so many differing opinions and concerns.
Our plan is to open the Sunday morning service on June 7th with up to 100 in attendance. We are working on inviting our community group leaders to come this Sunday, May 31st in order for our usher team to have a practice run. We will still be live-streaming the service but having some of the leaders there will give us the opportunity to gain some helpful feedback and fine tune the procedures in order to better serve you the following Sunday.
In order for anyone to attend the Sunday meeting, we are asking each individual to agree to abide by the following procedures. These are all based upon the recommendations from the CDC, the State Government, and the advice of those in the medical profession.
We are asking you to refrain from attending at this time if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You have health conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- You have traveled outside the country in the last 14 days
- You have come in contact in the last 14 days with a someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You are 65 years old or older and have any underlying health conditions*
- You have a compromised immune system
- You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You are uncomfortable with attending due to the health risks
- You are for whatever reason uncomfortable with or unwilling to comply with the following procedures
- Having your temperature taken before entering the building
- Sanitizing your hands as you enter the building
- Wearing a face covering over mouth and nose for the entirety of the meeting
- Maintain a six-foot distance between you and others. (households can sit close together but maintain distance between households)
- Follow the instructions of the ushers and leaders for entering and exiting the building.
There will be no classes available for children and we need parents to keep your children with you and instruct them not to gather with others outside your household.
If any of these reasons keep you from attending, please know that we understand the difficulty of not being able to attend and completely affirm any decision not to come based on your view of the situation. You will be sorely missed and we are only sad that the current circumstances are keeping us apart for a time. We will continue to live stream the service and hope it serves you [in some way] to stay connected.
Now because the State guidelines say that we cannot exceed 100 people in our meeting, we need to hear from you as to whether or not you would attend on June 7th. This will help us know if and how we need to manage that number.
Please text the office: (626) 838-2311 to tell us how many in your household will or will not be attending on June 7, 2020.
The Lord is forever sovereign and we trust his unfailing love for his people. It is a challenging time but our hope is in the Lord who will have us all together again, singing for his glory one day soon.
From the pastors who long for your best,
Ron, Lynn, Bill
*please know that if you are over 65 you are considered “at risk” and we ask that you carefully take this into account on deciding whether or not to participate in person.