Grace Kids Lesson Oct 18th
Dig In to the Bible
- Read: Exodus 40
- In This Passage: God gives very specific instructions for the Tabernacle, a transportable temple where his holy presence can live among his people. When the Tabernacle is built to specification, God comes and fills the building, hovering over it with a cloud by day and a cloud that glows with fire inside it at night.
- Bible Point: God is holy.
- Summary Verse: “O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens” (Psalm 8:1).
Talk about it video:
- disposable cups (4 per child)
- fun, sparkly stickers
- glue sticks
- permanent markers
Make a Special Place
Give each child four cups. Encourage kids to put stickers and glue sequins on the cups to decorate them. While kids decorate their cups, ask adult and teen helpers to use permanent markers to write kids’ names on the inside of each cup.
After kids finish decorating their cups, say: We can use these cups to mark a special place to talk to our friend God. Let’s use our special place to talk to him right now!
Help kids spread out throughout the room. Show them how to each place their cups to mark the corners of a square. Encourage kids to sit in their squares, and then lead them to pray, thanking God that he always wants to talk with us and be our friend.
- this week’s “Dig In @ Home” handout (1 per child) (download here)
More in Blog
December 18, 2020Looking for Our Next Pastor
December 15, 2020A Transgender, a Praying Sister, A True Neighbor, and the Community of God’s People
November 19, 2020New Meeting Time Beginning Sunday, November 22 at 2pm