Grace Kids Lesson July 5th
Talk about it:
Craft: Calming Waves
- empty 8-ounce clear plastic bottles with lids (1 per child)
- variety of small craft items, such as pony beads, sequins, and decorative gems
- small funnels (1 for every 2 or 3 kids)
- 3-ounce cups (1 per child)
- blue food coloring
- vegetable oil (½ cup per child)
- tacky glue
- packing tape (optional)
- Fill each 3-ounce cup about ¾ full of water.
- Make a sample craft to show kids.
Talk About Calm Things
Say: It doesn’t feel good when we’re angry. Our hearts feel much better when they’re calm and peaceful.
Share something that helps you feel calm and peaceful. It might be quiet music, a walk in the mountains, or sitting on the beach.
Ask: • What makes you feel calm and peaceful? Kids may say a stuffed animal, their mom, or looking at some favorite books.
Say: God can help us feel calm and peaceful, too, especially when we’re angry. God helps us calm our anger.
Make a Calming Waves Bottle
Say: Let’s make something to help us feel calm and peaceful again