Grace Kids Sunday School: May 31
Talk About Video:
- “Bible Truths” handout (1 per child) (download here)
- white paper plates (1½ per child)
- glue sticks (1 per child)
- child-safe scissors
- Make a sample craft to show kids.
Talk About God’s Truth
Say: The Bible tells us to hide God’s Word in our hearts. Read Psalm 119:11. That means when we hear God’s words to us in the Bible, we remember them, and we do what they say.
Share a favorite truth from the Bible. Then encourage kids to shout out some Bible truths they know, such as God loves us, Jesus forgives us, or God made us. It’s okay if they don’t know any. Share some more ideas, if needed.
Say: These true things we shared from the Bible help us make good choices. The Bible is God’s Word, and God’s Word helps us live right. Let’s make something to help us hide God’s truth in our hearts.
Make Hearts for God’s Truth
- Give each child a handout. Have kids cut the hearts from the handouts in half along the cut line and the Bible truths apart along the cut lines as well.
- While kids color, hold up one Bible truth at a time and ask kids what they think it represents. Then explain it, and help kids talk about how it fits into their lives. For example, the heart reminds kids that Jesus loves them always and no matter what.
- After kids finish coloring, put kids in pairs and give each pair three plates. Have kids work together to cut one of their plates in half so each partner gets one and a half plates. Each child will then staple a half plate to a whole plate to make a pocket.