In the new year, we will launch two women's groups led by Tami Boomsma. One of these groups is a book group that will meet every other Sunday for lunch. The other group is a Bible study that will meet on Saturdays over coffee for a book discussion.
If you wish to be involved in these groups, please sign up for the group of your choice. Below are all of the details for each group.
It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way (Book Group)
Description from Amazon: What do you do when God’s timing seems questionable, His lack of intervention hurtful, and His promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
Read one chapter a week - Meetings will be Sundays after church Tami’s house. Lunch provided.
Schedule: Every other Sunday after church.
- January 9 & 23
- February 6 & 20
- March 6 & 20
Click HERE to sign up for the book group
Knowing God by Name: (Bible Study)
From Amazon: In Knowing God by Name: A Personal Encounter, author Mary Kassian focuses on 35 Hebrew names of God that describe His character, His relationships, and His purpose. As you learn the significance of each ancient word, you’ll be awestruck by the Lord’s magnificence and your heart compelled to worship and praise Him.
The book includes brief daily study with fun and engaging learning activities. Saturated in Scripture and words from ancient hymns, Knowing God by Name is a rich, meaningful study for any woman desiring to know God better.
We will meet at Tami's for an hour and a half to discuss and pray. Coffee provided.
Schedule: Saturday Mornings 8am
- January 8, 15, 22 & 29
- February 5, 12, & 19
Click HERE to sign up for the Bible study